Shri Balaji Gurukul, Kadwapani, Dehradun
As Pujya Anupamanand Giri Ji Maharaj starts his sansyasi life, the thought of social work, international peace, and various other welfare activities came up in his mind. But because of the limited means he starts with a Gaushala with a handicapped cow, and 2 orphans. Continue on the same path, it’s his hard work, extra holiness that today there are nearly 150 children in Shri Balaji Gurukul, Hariom Ashram.
Basically Shri Balaji Gurukul is a branch of Hariom Ashram, which looks into child welfare under the guidance of Pujya Anupamand Giri Ji Maharaj. The children from various categories are accepted in this Gurukul.
The various categories of children in Shri Balaji Gurukul are –
- who don’t have either of the parent. (orphan)
- child whose either mother or father is alive. I.e. single parent.
- whose parents have been divorced.
- whose parents are unable to look after the child because of poverty or other family problem.
- with mentally unfit parents.
- caught by the police/child-line/any Child Care Institute.
Conclusively the child who doesn’t have any proper guardian to show the way of life is being taken up in the Ashram. Once the Child is admitted to Shri Balaji Gurukul its mandatory for him to be there until he completed his Intermediate or 18 years of age.
Aims of Shri Balaji Gurukul
Shri Balaji Gurukul has many goals for the welfare of this nation. The Main aim is to develop a ideal society. In which everybody could be safe and live happily.
- The Aim is to make the children self-reliant.
- To ensure the complete overall development of the child. Physically, mentally, morally, socially, etc…
- To ensure the proper way of living to the child.
- Encourage the creative work among children to widen their sense of thinking.
- To make them aware of the rich Vedic culture along with modern liberal thought.
- To teach them the Art of living along with academics.
- Provides a family like environment to child.
Problems and challenges related to Shri Balaji Gurukul that Hariom Ashram Faces –
Since Shri Balaji Gurukul is registered child care home under Juvenile justice act, the everyday interference of the government is increasing day by day. The amount of paper work desired by govt. official is nearly out of sense.
Along with that regular investigation and raids and non-sense pointing to irregularities creates lots of distraction.
They points that Ashram campus doesn’t have a wall around and this can cause the safety issue to the children.
Ashram doesn’t have money to construct wall around campus. Running already under debt. Although as ashram is situated near a river whose water in monsoon threatened the security of ashram. It’s the work of govt. to check river overflow that threatens security of 100 of people, but all this go un-noticed.
To get the latest news and photos of the children in ashram and there activity, Like us on Facebook.